The Drying and Curing Process
The drying/curing process is a critical step and should not be done hastily. During this stage, the flavor and potency can be enhanced and preserved, however, if done incorrectly it can degrade the product entirely.
To start drying/curing, growers commonly use two methods:
1. Hang the branches upside down in a cool, dark and ventilated place.
2. Strip the buds off of the stalks and place them on drying racks.
The environment for these methods requires close monitoring due to the potential for contamination of mold, mildew, and bugs. Although both methods have their pros and cons, they are ineffective compared to the new technology of Cann Systems.
Cann Systems prides itself on providing the most efficient and effective method for optimal drying/curing. This is achieved through our state-of-the-art heat pump dehumidification technology that provides precise control of temperature and relative humidity in the dryer chamber.
The Cann Systems Method
Drying/curing cannabis is an art form that if done correctly will be a great reward of this labor- intensive process. Follow the below instructions for the perfect consistent dry/cure every time.
- Pull the bud from all the stalks.
- Pull off all the fans leaves to where only the bud remains.
- Trim and shape the bud. At this point, there should be nothing left but pure buds.
- Place the buds evenly throughout each tray in the rack system.
- Place the rack system into the chamber.
- Close the door and set the operating conditions (temperature, relative humidity, and dwell time) using the operator touch screen.
- The airflow will then be distributed evenly throughout the entire chamber resulting in superior drying and curing of the product.
All of our Systems…
- Have intuitive touch screen controls with remote access capability.
- Are designed to allow the fine-tuning of moisture content, relative humidity and
temperature for the perfect cure every time.
- Cuts your dry and cure time to half the traditional time thereby maximizing cash flow and
- Allows the cannabis to have the highest THC and cannabinoids potency.
- Are free of the contamination of mold, mildew, or bugs..